Generally Rainier will provide you with full packing services but, in some cases, you might be packing your own non-breakable items. These items would include:
• Pots/Pans/Plastic ware
• Other non-fragile items
Cartons for this packing can be picked up from, or delivered by, our local agents.
Rainier will always wrap furniture and pack all breakable items – dishes, glassware, mirrors, pictures, ceramics, electronics and other fragile items.
- Identify contents of all cartons on the carton itself.
- Keep an ongoing list of contents of boxes you have packed.
- Do not pack fragile or breakable items.
- Cushion the top and bottom of each carton with crushed paper, soft items, etc.
- Don’t make cartons too heavy – Rule of Thumb: if you can carry the box it is probably OK.
- Use ample tape in closing boxes.
- Remove fuel from power tools.
If you insist on shipping liquids, double wrap in plastic.
Do Not Ship
|• Liquid Bleach or Ammonia|
• Explosive Items
• Important Papers
• Live Plants or Seeds
|• Shoe Polish|
• Flammable Liquids
• Opened Bottles
|• Lighter Fluid
• Combustible Items
• Firearms or other Weapons
If you are unsure whether it is legal to include something in your shipment, please contact your nearest Rainier sales rep or your local consulate of the country you are moving to.
- Large pictures and furniture will be wrapped by the movers but it might be a good idea to disassemble certain furniture pieces in order to save space and reduce the likelihood of damage. When disassembling, remember to put nuts and bolts, screws, etc. in a place where you can easily find them later. It is also a good idea to take a picture of the assembled piece so you will have a reminder of how it should look when you are putting it back together.
- Pack sleeping bags, sheets, towels, pillows, etc. in plastic bags, so these bundles can be stuffed in empty spaces created by oddly-shaped items.
- Pack all dresser drawers, cabinets, etc. with light, soft, bulky items such as stuffed animals, towels, linens, bedding, clothing, etc. Do not compromise the condition of the piece of furniture or items placed inside simply to save space.
- Pack cartons tightly so items will not shift during transit.