Used Household Goods and Personal Effects
- Copy of passport
- Copy of local ID / residence permit
- Declaration of value / pro-forma invoice
- Packing list
- List of electronic items (must include serial numbers and model)
- Letter of employment (must be for a minimum of 12 months)
- Copy of residential rental contract (must be for a minimum of 12 months)
- Copy of plane tickets showing return to Bulgaria
- Original bill of lading (OBL) / air waybill (AWB)
- Copy of diplomatic passport (diplomats)
- Power of attorney (returning citizens)
- Diplomatic ID (diplomats)
- Letter of assignment (diplomats only – issued by the embassy stating the position and duties of owner of the goods)
- Declaration for temporary import (diplomats)
- Original T2L (issued by Customs at country of origin)
- The declaration for temporary import must be prepared by the embassy and approved by the Bulgarian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Baggage clearance occurs at the first airport of entry in Bulgaria.
- Non-prohibited items may be imported on a temporary basis for a period 6 months or less; Customs duties will not be charged with a letter of guarantee from a Bulgarian organization stating that the goods will be returned or duties will be paid.
Note: The movement of household goods imported by natural persons transferring their normal place of residence from a third country to the EU are admitted free of import duties and value added tax by the criterion set out in Articles 3 to 11 of Council Regulation (EC) No 1186 / 2009.
- Original vehicle title / registration
- Purchase invoice
- Technical data (model, make, year of production, first year of registration, kilowatts of the engine, color, etc.)
- The kilowatts of the engine must be indicated as per the European system DIN or American system SAE.
- Vehicle included in the HHG container may cause delays of shipment as vehicles are only cleared at specific Customs offices.
- Pet passport
- Vaccination record
- Veterinary health record / certificate
- Identification chip
- Veterinary health record must be issued by an authorized vet, identifying the origin and health status of the pet and made within 24 hours of its export.
- Pets under 3 months old must have lived indoors since birth.
- Rabies vaccination must not exceed 6 months prior.
- Animals are examined by personnel upon arrival.
- Guns and ammunition (permission must be obtained)
- Personal home computers as well as new electrical items are subject to Customs duties and taxes and purchases are required
- Precious metal, precious stones must be declared in writing.
- Medications for personal use can be imported but may not be expired.
- Tobacco may qualify for free import within the limits indicated:
- Cigarettes (200)
- Cigarillos (100)
- Cigars (50)
- Tobacco for smoking (250 grams)
- Alcohol may qualify for free import within the limits indicated:
- Wine (2 L)
- Sparkling or fortified wine (2 L)
- Spirits over 22% volume alcohol content (1 L)
- Coffee (500 g), coffee extract (200 g )
- Tea (100 g), tea extract (40 g)
- Perfume (50 g), eau de toilette (250 ml)
- Currency (cash sums greater than 8000 levs require the completion of a Customs declaration prior to import)
- Illegal drugs
- Pornographic materials
- Dangerous chemicals
- Knives and deadly weapons
Recommended: Contact the destination agent to ensure all requirements have been met prior to import, especially for differences regarding air / sea shipments.