Moving can be very stressful time especially if you must move in a hurry and haven’t booked your move during the busiest summer months. You may be scrambling just to get a good moving date as I discussed last week, make sure to book early if you want to move during the summer.
This week, I am going to provide you tips on how to stay positive during a move. Keep in mind, with excellent preparations, moving doesn’t have to be negative and should and could be an overall positive experience. Expect to have mixed emotions especially when moving overseas but a positive attitude will go a long way.
Tips to staying positive during your move:
• Humor – Having a sense of humor can make all the difference in the world. Watch funny movies, read the comics section in your daily newspaper, tell jokes and know that your moving experience is only a matter of time.
• Leave the heavy load behind – I have mentioned this in the past but worth mentioning again, leave all of your packing or most of it to your professional movers. This saves you time, energy and a lot of headaches because the pros know how to pack your household goods so they arrive undamaged and safely.
• Choose to be positive – Yes, it is stressful moving but if you choose to be positive and optimistic, your experience and outcome will be a positive one. List all of the things that will be positive in your life by moving to a new house in your notes section on your phone and review it frequently.
• Prepare early – As I discussed last week, schedule your moving day at least two months beforehand and even earlier if possible. Create a pre-moving list and be organized so your move will go smoothly and will be less stressful.
• Friends – One of the best ways to keep a positive attitude is to visit your friends frequently and have fun. This takes your mind off the move and gives you the opportunity to put your good sense of humor to work.
• Safety – Keep safety a top priority, the last thing you want to experience is a back injury or anything else that could put a big damper on your moving experience and then some.
If you follow these tips, you should have a positive moving experience and less stress when moving to another house in the U.S. or overseas.