Once you secure a good mover and you have a car you want to ship overseas, I have some tips to be able to rev the engine internationally.
Your moving overseas and what do you do if you want your best friend to come with you? That nice shiny four- wheeled friend has taken you all over the place. And now you want your cool car with you when you move. Depending upon where you are moving, you can have your four-wheeled friend shipped overseas by us through an international auto transport company.
There are some other things you need to consider before your car is revved up to be shipped across the Atlantic or elsewhere. Do your research and find out about the country or city’s public transportation system. This varies from country-to-country and you will be able to assess how much you will need to drive your car and what kind of driving conditions you can expect.
Here are some factors to keep-in-mind and to know about:
• Is your automobile street legal in your new city? Remember that Japan, Britain, Australia and other countries require you to drive on the right-side of the road.
• Make sure your professional mover knows about any import tariffs. Your mover lets you know about any of these potential fees so you are not surprised by any unexpected costs.
• Drivers licenses – Most countries will allow you to drive with your existing American driver’s license but only for a specified period.
• Research your new country’s driving regulations and laws before your international move so you know when you need to obtain a new license.
• Purchase insurance – When you move, things can happen so make sure you buy moving insurance for your car especially if it’s a new car. This will provide you peace-of-mind if something should go wrong during the transport.
Follow these tips and ensure you hire a reputable moving company so that your four-wheel friend is taken care of during your overseas move.