Now that you have packed your things and the moving trucks are on the way to your new home, I have some tips for you to consider before moving into your new home.
Here’s what you should do when moving into a new home or apartment:
• Document house or apartment – In other words, make sure to take photos of your apartment or home you are moving into. If you have a landlord, document showing the condition of your new home. It will prevent problems down the road and avoid unnecessary liabilities and expenses.
• Boxes in pertinent rooms – As I discussed last week, make sure to label and separate your items room-to-room. Place your boxes in the appropriate rooms so it will be easy for you to unpack and you’ll also avoid any heavy lifting.
• Essentials first – You’ll want to assemble and put together the furniture and bedroom items first, the things you’ll use right off the bat such as a bed, chairs, tables etc.
• Large items – Also, take care of these items first such as the refrigerator, stove, washing machine and other big ticket items. It’s easier to install the bigger appliances when you have the room to hook them up, plug-ins and anything else that’s needed.
• Cleaning – When you first move in, clean the toilets, tubs and other bathroom areas. It’s one of the most used places in your new home besides the living room.
Use these important tips prior to moving in your new home and you’ll be more prepared and will settle in a lot quicker to make the overall experience more pleasing.