When you are making a move especially overseas, you want to avoid as much as mistakes as humanely possible. Even minor mistakes can prove costly in a residential or business move. You need to do your homework and select a reputable mover like us to move your household goods.
In previous blogs, I’ve covered mistakes you should avoid. This time, I’m going to give you specific tips to ensure a smooth moving day.
Tips to avoid mistakes when moving:
• Sleep – Yep, seems simple enough but some people stay up late the night before the big move and don’t function as well during the day. Get a good night’s sleep so you will alert and ready.
• Cellphone – Simply put, make sure your phone is fully charged for the day. Many folks forget this and then have to have their phones charging in a place not accessible where they need to be when moving. Charge your phone, you will thank me later.
• Errands – Ensure that all of your errands and tasks are completed before moving day. You won’t have time to do them once the moving process begins.
• Rooms – Before you go to bed and when you wake up early on the big day, go through all of your rooms to make sure everything is ready for your movers. This will give you a last chance to ensure your household items are good to go.
• Insurance – Always purchase moving insurance, it’s the only way to protect your household goods from any mishaps that may happen.