After avoiding relocation depression, you’ll want to stay close to the friends especially if you moved clear across the country or to a different country.
Fortunately, today’s technology allows us to stay in touch no matter where we are located in the world.
Here is some simple tips keeping in touch with your great friends:
• Phone – We used to have to pay a lot of money for long distance phone calls. Since practically most people own a cellphone, it’s easy to keep in touch the traditional way, set specific times of the week every week to talk to your friends.
• Letters – Yes, people still use snail mail. This is a good way to stay in touch, plus, instead of your friends finding just bills in the mail, they’ll receive a nice letter or postcard from you. Have them reciprocate and most importantly, have fun sending updated letters about the goings on in your life.
• Email – Yes, of course there is simple email and another good way to stay in touch. And the best part, it’s simple and free.
• Conference calls – Probably the best way to stay in touch. There are free teleconferencing apps such as Zoom you can use to stay in touch. If you and your friends have Apple phones, FaceTime is an awesome way to be in touch.
• Social networks – Another great way to talk to friends and family alike such as Facebook, Twitter etc. You can create your own Facebook page and invite your friends and relatives to join and post to let everyone know the latest.