This week, I’m going to provide you tips if you decide to move via airplane.
Moving by a plane can be convenient alternative to moving by truck or car. If you plan correctly and if you are in a big hurry, here’s some tips to keep in mind:
• Plan ahead – Do your research online and find out what the extra baggage policies are with your airline. Airlines differ on how many bags you can take with you, size and weight are considering factors too. Do your research so you know what your total costs will be to move your personal home furnishings.
• Lighten it up – When moving across country or overseas, costs add up if you have a lot of belongings. If you are moving on a permanent basis, I’d have a garage sale and get rid of a lot of your stuff that you no longer need or use. If it’s temporary, you can probably get away with bringing only the items you use the most.
• Scale – Before you go to the airport, weigh your luggage to ensure it doesn’t exceed the size and weight limits of your airline.
• Alternatives – You probably won’t be able to ship everything via plane, so I’d hire shipping experts like Rainier to package and ship your personal belongings whether by ground, train or air.
These tips will be useful if you are moving via plane.
If you are planning to move overseas whether on your own or due to work, it can become very expensive but there are certain steps you can take to make it less expensive.
Here are some useful tips to move on your budget and to make it even less complicated:
• Lighten the load – When you move, this is a great time to get rid of non-important things and items you never use such as books that have been in your shelf for years or a chair that you never use. Less movers have to move, less you’ll have to pay. Plan on giving away your extra un-needed items, donate, sell or recycle them.
• Dedicated mover – Make sure to hire someone that has been in the business for years and is reputable. At Rainier, you will receive dedicated and personalized service. In addition, we know hundreds of agents throughout the world to provide you the very best price.
• Purchase insurance – Movers know how to transport your belongings but accidents do happen. A reputable company will always offer insurance coverage. If something happens during transport, you’ll know you won’t lose everything monetarily.
• Moving date – Generally speaking, movers are extremely busy during the summer months, weekends and at the beginning and ending of each month. If you can be flexible about the date of your move, the ideal times are middle of the months, November through early December, February through April. These are some of the least busy times and some movers may provide discounts during the slow months.
Follow these simple steps and you will lower your moving expenses and will also be organized and prepared for the big move.