This week, I’m going to talk tips of selling your personal belongings and goods online before and during your move.
I always have stated in previous blogs that when you move, it’s the time to do some house cleaning and get rid of items you don’t want or need anymore. And when you do, why not make some money online from your personal belongings that you won’t be tasking with you, and at the same time, “lightening the load” of your move so it’s not as expensive as well.
Selling your belongings online is considered one of the best ways to reduce the number of items you have for transportation. The less stuff you have to move, the less the weight of the entire shipment will be, and consequently, the less money you will pay out of your own pocket for transportation costs.
If you’re not utterly convinced that selling your stuff online before you move is one of the greatest cost-saving techniques out there, you can at least trust the experience and judgment of countless moving experts (including myself of course) who never seem to be tired of advising people to purge their homes of no longer needed items before moving away to another home.
Tips selling your goods and personal items online:
• Selling some of your items that still have market value will make you a multiple winner. This way, you will lower the shipment weight, and that automatically means a lower relocation bill as well. Secondly, the online sale of your personal belongings will earn you fresh cash which you can gladly add to your overall moving budget and then some.
• If you don’t have the time or the resources to hold a garage sale, then selling your stuff online remains the other excellent alternative.
• Sort out all of your items, categorize them, price them, and prepare them for sale. Go online and check to see what your items are worth approximately, set a fair price and post (eg. eBay etc.).
• Make sure to clean and fix some minor defects or damage to your items to increase their value.
• Take good-angled photos of your belongings so they are attractive to potential buyers.
To sell your goods and personal belongings online successfully, you do need to follow proven steps that will guarantee quick and profitable online deals. Good luck!