Used Household Goods and Personal Effects
- Copy passport showing entry permit
- Packing list
- Certificate of change of residence (returning citizens; certificate must be stamped by the Moroccan Consulate in the country of departure)
- Original rated bill of lading (OBL) / express release / air waybill (AWB)
- Detailed inventory in French dated, valued, and signed by the owner of the goods
- Invoices for electrical, hi-fi appliances and items bought less than 6 months prior to import
- Resident permit / work permit / letter of employment
- Salary advice for the last 2 years (returning citizens)
- Exemption certificate, if applicable (returning citizens)
- Documents must be express mailed 15 days prior to shipment arrival to apply for any possible duty-free exemption.
- Used household goods and personal effects are duty free if they have been in the owner of the goods’ possession and use for a minimum of 6 months and an exemption certificate has been obtained.
- Containers are systematically checked by Customs.
- Therefore, it is recommended that electrical household appliances are loaded at the doors of the container for easy access by Customs.
- Copy of passport
- Original registration card
- OBL / AWB
- The OBL must state the engine number, chassis number, and weight of the vehicle.
- To avoid unnecessary delays and charges for demurrage and storage due to lengthy Customs procedures, documents must be received by agent at least 1 month prior to shipment arrival.
- Vehicles older than 5 years cannot be imported permanently but can enter the country for a period not to exceed 6 months.
- Exportation after the 6 month period is required.
- Diplomatic vehicles older than 5 months can be imported but must be exported upon the owner of the goods’ departure from Morocco.
- Vaccination record
- Veterinary health certificate
- Authorization from the Ministry of Health (birds)
- The veterinary health certificate must be issued at the point of origin and issued within 10 days of import.
- The vaccination record must be issued within 6 months of arrival in Morocco.
- Authorization from the Ministry of Health is required for the importation of birds, including falcons and hawks.
- Firearms and ammunition (only smooth barreled hunting weapons are permitted but retained by Customs until a firearm and hunting permit is obtained).
- For this reason, firearms and ammunition must be easily identifiable and placed near the doors of the container.
- Phones, answering machines, and fax machines
- Unlawful drugs
Recommended: Contact the destination agent to ensure all requirements have been met prior to import, especially for differences regarding air / sea shipments.