Moving to Tajikistan
IMPORT REGULATIONS ON HOUSEHOLD GOODS AND PERSONAL EFFECT SHIPMENTS
- The consignee should be present at the destination and should have a valid visa.
- The consignee should be employed by a registered company in Tajikistan.
- Expats are permitted to import HHGD and personal effects duty and tax free on temp import basis which is valid till the time expat has finished their contract and are ready to export their HHGD out of Tajikistan.
- Expats are permitted to import limited amount of food stuff and other consumable items duty and tax free.
- Pack list noting values signed by the shipper
- All kind of electronic and electrical appliances should be clearly marked on the packing list along with their serial numbers.
- Notarised Power of Attorney from the owner for the owner and a Move One/AES rep. There is no need to notarize the power of attorney. Signed and sealed by the consignee power of attorney is acceptable.
- Weapons of all kinds
- Toxic material
- Radioactive material
- Export of Antiques, such as carpets, paintings, books, icons or any other items which is considered to be of Tajik culture and historical value.
Note: Precious jewelry, stones and currency can be imported only as accompanied baggage and must be declared with customs at the airport. The declaration should be kept in safe custody because the same will be required for presentation to the customs authorities at the time of departure.
IMPORT OF PETS
Import of pets is allowed. The following documents are required
- Vaccination certificate
- Veterinary certificate
IMPORT OF AUTO CARS
- Auto cars and motor bikes can be imported duty and tax free on temp import basis. Sale of the temp imported cars and motor bikes are not permitted and must be exported out of Tajikistan at the end of expats tenure.
- Permanent import of auto cars and motor bikes are subject to the tax and duties as per tariff.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTION FOR IMPORT OF THE CARPETS, PAINTINGS, ART EFFECTS AND ANTIQUES
- The duty free import is allowed only on temporary import basis and it’s strongly recommended that all the carpets, paintings, art effects and antiques in the shipment should be photographed. Duplicate photograph of each item should be sent to our office in advance by courier enabling us to get the customs endorsement on the back of each photograph at the time import customs inspection of the shipment. This will help the owner tremendously to avoid the problems with the customs authorities at the time of export of these items out of Tajikistan.
- Export of locally purchased carpets and paintings is allowed unless the items are not considered antique and of cultural value. The permission from the Tajik Ministry of Culture is required.
- Way Bill
- Packing List
- Copy of the passport
- Copy of the visa
- Valued inventory in English or Russian
- Power of Attorney
- Confirmation of employment
NOTE: The valued inventory is only for customs purpose therefore, the value does not have to be the same as used for the insurance purposes. It is recommended to under declare the value of the goods in order to avoid unnecessary problems with local customs authorities.
IMPORT OF WINE AND SPIRITS
The allowance limit for the import of wine and spirits for personal consumption is one liter per head. All excess is subject to duties and taxes as follows:
- US $1.00/ -per liter = excise duty
- Up to 30 percent of value = customs duty (depending on the percentage of alcohol)
- 20 percent of value = VAT
- 0.2 percent of value = customs procedures duty
- Mark the Waybills very clearly “Used Household goods and personal effects”.
- Packing list should be in English / Russian
- Do not attach the inventory list used for the insurance purposes with the documents enclosed with the shipment.
- Under declared valued inventory for customs purposes should be attached to the documents enclosed with shipment.
- Such items as books, CD’s, audio and videotapes should not be mentioned on the packing list. However, if it is necessary to include these items on the packing list, make sure to list the name of the author, year, year of publication and the topic of each item separately.
- Pre-alert along with copies of the way bill, packing list, valued inventory and shipping schedule should be faxed to our office well in advanced.
- Consign the shipment directly to the consignee his organization’s name, full address and tel. number. There is no necessary to put consignee’s tel number. Because when the shipment arrives they call to consignee Instead of us. So it’s better to put my phone number.
NOTE: As experienced in the past, custom regulations can change at any time with or without notice. Contact your agent for up-to-date regulations.
The information on this page is intended as a guide and NOT as a complete or definitive resource.
The information on this page should not be used as an authoritative reference.
Updated January, 2006
THANK YOU TO:
For Providing the above Customs Information